No tricks, just treats with these delicious Halloween recipes - from perfect ways to make your way through the mountain of leftover pumpkin in your kitchen, to tasty dishes to make with your little munchkins ideal for a spooky night in. 🎃
Plus tag @lucysdressings in your creations on Instagram to win one of five bundles of Lucy's goodies - we did tell you it was just treats this Halloween! 🧡 💚
Roasted Pumpkin and Coconut Soup with Lucy's Lime and Chilli Asian Dressing
(click the product to shop me 🛒)
Lucy’s Lime and Chilli Asian Dressing
1 pumpkin, cut into wedges and seeds removed
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
400ml coconut milk
500ml vegetable stock
Handful of fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220 c.
- Place the pumpkin on a large baking sheet and drizzle over the dressing. Place in oven and roasted for 45 mins or until lightly charred and soft.
- Meanwhile heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and cook on a very low heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the roasted pumpkin to the onions and stir to combine. Pour in the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer gentle for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup using a hand held blender or in a food processor.
- To serve reheat the soup gently and ladle into bowls, or hollow out smaller pumpkins and use these as bowls. Top with a spoonful of yogurt and sprinkle over he coriander.
Pumpkin and Parmesan Pancakes with Lucy's Classic Balsamic Dressing (click the product to shop me 🛒)
Lucy's Classic Balsamic Dressing
250g leftover roasted pumpkin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 large egg beaten⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
150g self-rising flour⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 red chilli, finely chopped⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
30g parmesan, finely grated⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
50g Rocket ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Shavings of Parmesan⠀
1. Place the roasted pumpkin in a large bowl. Mash with a fork and then whisk in the egg, milk and flour. Add the chilli, parmesan, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper and mix well.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Add half a ladle of mixture per pancake. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until crisp and golden. Keep the pancakes warm in a low oven whilst you cook the remaining pancakes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Serve the pancakes topped with rocket, parmesan and a drizzle of dressing.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Roasted Pumpkin and Burratta Salad with Lucy's Green Pesto Dressing (click the product to shop me 🛒)
Lucy’s Green Pesto Dressing
1 medium Pumpkin
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 ball Burrata
50 g Rocket
- Preheat the oven to 200c / gas 6.
- Cut the pumpkin in half lengthwise and then into 1cm wedges. Place on large baking tray and drizzle over the olive oil. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for about 30 minutes or until squash is tender and golden brown at the edges.
- Place the pumpkin on a large serving plate, tear over the Burrata and top with the rocket. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
The next few recipes are perfect to cook up for a spooky night in, and we're sure your kids will love to munch on them, after trick or treating round the house!
Sticky Chicken Wings with Lucy's Ginger and Sesame Dressing (click the product to shop me 🛒)
Lucy’s Ginger and Sesame Dressing
750g Chicken Wings
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and drizzle over generously with the dressing and mix well. Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180 fan.
- Place the chicken wings on a large baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and roast in the oven for 40 -45 mins basting half way through.
- Place the chicken wings on a large serving plate and serve.
Courgette and Chorizo Pizza with Lucy's Roasted Garlic and Black Pepper Mayonnaise (click the product to shop me 🛒)
Lucy's Roasted Garlic and Black Pepper Mayo
Crosta and Mollica Tomato Pizza base
2 tbsp Passata
1 small courgette, thinly sliced lengthways
1 ball Buffalo Mozzarella
50g fresh chorizo
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Place the Pizza base on a baking sheet. Spread with the passata and top with the courgette, mozzarella and chorizo. Drizzle over a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 10 -12 minutes or until the base is crisp
- Tear over the Basil and serve with the mayo
Crispy Potato Skins with Buffalo Chickpeas and Lucy's Vegan Chilli Mayonnaise (click the product to shop me 🛒)
Lucy’s Vegan Chilli Mayo
4 large baking potatoes
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 garlic clove , crushed
2 x tin chickpeas
Coriander , roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 180 fan.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until the skins are crisp.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saute pan. add the onions and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft. Add the spices and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas, passata and chilli and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are cooked cut them in half lengthways and scoop out a couple of tablespoons of the flesh. Lay the halves cut side up on a baking tray and divide the chickpea mixture between them. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes to crisp up.
- Transfer to a large serving plate, sprinkle over the coriander and serve with the mayo.
We hope you love these recipes as much as we loved making and photographing them. We're giving away 5 delicious bundle of Lucy's as well for dishes made using Lucy's and when you tag us on Instagram @lucysdressings - we did tell you it was just treats this Halloween, and no tricks!
Love, Lucy's xx