Caramelised red onion, crushed garlic and golden wedges of butternut squash are blended with double cream, parmesan, fresh herbs and Lucy's Honey and Mustard Dressing to create a silky pasta sauce that's both indulgent and nourishing.
25g Unsalted butter
2 tbsp Cold pressed rapeseed oil
1 small Red onion, finely sliced
1 Garlic clove, crushed
1 medium Butternut squash, peeled and cut into wedges
2 tsp fresh Rosemary, spine removed
4 tbsp Double cream
25g Parmesan, grated
350g Spaghetti or other pasta shape of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic and butternut squash wedges to a bowl. Add the melted butter and oil to the bowl, season and toss to coat. Transfer to a roasting tray and roast in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes, depending on the size of the wedges.
3. When the squash is almost done, cook the spaghetti, following the pack instructions.
4. Once cooked, drain the pasta, reserving 2-3 tbsp of the pasta cooking water.
5. Add the roasted squash, garlic, onion, cream and rosemary to a blender. Blitz to a smooth consistency, then add the parmesan, pasta water, and Lucy's Honey and Mustard Dressing. Blitz again until smooth, before mixing the sauce through the pasta.
6. Serve on serving plates before garnishing with extra parmesan, rosemary and a good grinding of black pepper to taste.
If you love this recipe, you'll love this Honey Mustard Meatball Traybake.