With halloween just around the corner, we've put together some of our favoruite recipes for whether you're hosting a spooky get together or just simply wanting to use up some pumpkin if you've gone to town on pumpkin carving!
ROASTED PUMPKIN AND COCONUT SOUP
Lucy’s Lime and Chilli Asian Dressing
1 pumpkin, cut into wedges and seeds removed
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tbs sunflower oil
400ml coconut milk
500ml vegetable stock
Handful of fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220 c.
- Place the pumpkin on a large baking sheet and drizzle over the dressing. Place in oven and roasted for 45 mins or until lightly charred and soft.
- Meanwhile heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and cook on a very low heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the roasted butternut to the onions and stir to combine. Pour in the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer gentle for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup using a hand held blender or in a food processor.
- To serve reheat the soup gently and ladle into bowls. Top with a spoonful of yogurt and sprinkle over he coriander.
BAKED CAMEMBERT WITH THYME AND GARLIC
1 Camembert in box
1 clove Garlic, sliced
Lucy’s Spiced Plum Chutney
- Preheat the oven to 2000 C / Gas 6.
- Remove any plastic packaging from the cheese and place back in its box, leaving the lid off.
- Pierce the top of the cheese in several places with a sharp knife and insert pieces of garlic and sprigs of rosemary into the slits.
- Drizzle the cheese with olive oil and place on a baking sheet, leaving the cheese in its box. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the centre of the cheese is melted.
- Place the cheese on a borad and serve with sourdough , courchions and the chutney.
HOMEMADE SAUSAGE ROLLS
500g pork sausage meat
½ - 1tsp smoked paprika
4 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
375g ready rolled all butter puff pastry
1 egg yolk, beaten with a pinch of salt
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
Lucy’s Spiced Plum chutney
- Preheat the oven to 180c / gas 4.
- Place the sausage meat , smoked paprika and parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well together using your hands.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour and roll out the pastry . Cut the pastry length-ways using a sharp knife into 2 strips. Shape the sausage meat int 2 sausage shapes and place along the middle of each strip.
- Brush either side of the sausage with the egg yolk. Fold the pastry over and press down to seal with the edge of a fork.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with the remaining egg yolk and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds. Cut into 5cm lengths and place onto non-stick baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes, until risen, puffed and golden brown.
- Transfer to board and serve with chutney.
SMOKED MACKEREL PATE
3 hot smoked mackerel fillets
150g cream cheese
100g creme fraiche
Small handful of dill
Lucy’s Blushing Beetroot Relish
- Skin the mackerel fillets and check for bones. Flake three quarters into a food processor with the cream cheese, creme fraiche and whizz until almost smooth.
- Add a good grind of black pepper and lemon juice to taste. Fold though the dill and the remaining fish.
- Serve with Relish and Rye bread.
We love to see you recreate our recipes, so if you do make any of these delicious recipes please do tag us on either Facebook or Instagram, @lucysdressings x