Find your perfect match with Lucy's this Valentine's Day
Wedges of lime to serve
2 Carrots, julienned
2 Beetroot, julienned
¼ of Red Cabbage, finely sliced
¼ of White Cabbage, finely slice
1 small Red Pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
½ small red onion, finely sliced
Large handful of Mint leaves, roughly chopped
Large handful of Coriander leaves, roughly chopped
25g cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- To spatch-cock a poussin place on chopping board breast side down. Using a sharp pair of scissors cut close to each side of the back bone to remove. Turn the poussin over and push down with your hand to flatten the bird.
- Place the poussin in large roasting tin and drizzle generously with the dressing and rub all over. Season with salt and pepper. Make sure the poussin is breast side up.
- Place the poussin in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Place the carrot, beetroot, cabbage, red pepper, onion and most of the herbs into a large salad bowl. Toss lightly with a generous amount of dressing and top with reserved herbs and cashew nuts.
Lucy's Bulgur Wheat Salad
110g bulgar wheat
4 large ripe tomatoes
1 small red onion,finely chopped
1 small cucumber
Large bunch flat leaf Parsley , roughly chopped
Large bunch Mint , roughly chopped
Salt and black pepper
Seeds of half a pomegranate (optional)
- Place the bulgar in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 15 mins . Fluff up with a fork.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, remove the seeds and dice. Add to the bulgar.
- Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds and dice. Add to the bulgar with the red onion . Dress the bulgar generously with the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Gently stir through the herbs and transfer to a shallow serving dish. Crumble over the feta and top with the pomegranate seeds if using.
Lucy's steak salad with Green Pesto dressing
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 Red Chicory
30 g Rocket
20 g Basil leaves
50 g Parmesan
Salt and Black Pepper
- Heat a griddle pan on high heat until hot.
- Rub the steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the steak in the griddle pan and sear for 2 minutes on each side (medium rare). Remove from BBQ and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the chicory, rocket and basil leaves in a serving bowl and dress with the pesto dressing.
- Slice the steak against the grain into ½ cm slices. Add the beef to the salad, shave over the Parmesan and serve at once.
These 3 dressings are currently 25% off in Waitrose nationwide and online at the moment - the perfect time to stock up!