Trust us, Lucy hit the nail on the head with this one! The perfect balance of acidity, spice and creaminess is created thanks to Lucy’s Classic Balsamic Dressing, a touch of red chilli and soft crumbled goats cheese.
750g small beetroot, peeled and cut in half
2 red onions , peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
50 g wild rocket , roughly chopped
50g pine nuts, toasted
100g soft goats cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200c fan.
2. Place the beetroot and onion onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. Drizzle generously with the balsamic dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss together. Place in the oven and roast for 30 - 40 minutes , turning half way through, until tender and golden.
3. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl and cover with 160ml boiling water. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 10 minutes.
4. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir through the lemon zest and juice , olive oil and chilli. Season generously with salt and pepper.
5. Gently stir through the beetroot, onion, most of the rocket and pine nuts through the couscous and transfer to a large serving plate. Top with the remaining rocket , crumble over the goats cheese and a generous sprinkling of sumac.