Lucy's Homemade Sausage Rolls
500g pork sausage meat
½ - 1tsp smoked paprika
4 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
375g ready rolled all butter puff pastry
1 egg yolk, beaten with a pinch of salt
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
Lucy’s Spiced Plum chutney
- Preheat the oven to 180c / gas 4.
- Place the sausage meat, smoked paprika and parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well together using your hands.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour and roll out the pastry. Cut the pastry length-ways using a sharp knife into 2 strips. Shape the sausage meat int 2 sausage shapes and place along the middle of each strip.
- Brush either side of the sausage with the egg yolk. Fold the pastry over and press down to seal with the edge of a fork.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with the remaining egg yolk and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds. Cut into 5cm lengths and place onto non-stick baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes, until risen, puffed and golden brown.
- Transfer to board and serve with chutney.