Lucy's Lime and Chilli Asian Dressing
Wedges of lime to serve
2 Carrots, julienned
2 Beetroot, julienned
¼ of Red Cabbage, finely sliced
¼ of White Cabbage, finely slice
1 small Red Pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
½ small red onion, finely sliced
Large handful of Mint leaves, roughly chopped
Large handful of Coriander leaves, roughly chopped
25g cashew nuts, lightly toasted
2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 ½ cm thick chips
1 tbs Hot Paprika
3 tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- To spatchcock a poussin place on chopping board breast side down. Using a sharp pair of scissors cut close to each side of the back bone to remove. Turn the poussin over and push down with your hand to flatten the bird.
- Place the poussin in large roasting tin and drizzle generously with the dressing and rub all over. Season with salt and pepper. Make sure the poussin is breast side up.
- Place the poussin in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Place the sweet potato into a large bowl. Mix together the Paprika, Polenta and olive oil and pour over the potatoes .
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with greaseproof and roast for 30 minutes, shaking half way through cooking.
- Place the carrot, beetroot, cabbage, red pepper, onion and most of the herbs into a large salad bowl. Toss lightly with a generous amount of dressing and top with reserved herbs and cashew nuts.
Serve the poussin with the sweet potato chips and slaw for the ultimate Friday night feast!