We're here to help you add a dash of deliciousness to your Veganuary! We've put together a collection of some of our favourite vegan recipes, which are made extra delicious with a splash or dollop of Lucy's. All our vegan products are available on our website, just follow the links, and remember this month you can save 15% on ALL our vegan products using code VEGANUARY15 - happy shopping!
Baked chilli tofu noodles with Lucy's Ginger and Sesame dressing
Lucy's Ginger and Sesame Dressing
250g Tofu cut into 2cm slices
1 tbs chilli jam
1 tbs orange juice
1 tbs sunflower oil
150g baby kale
1 spring onion, finely sliced
25g salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Wedges of lime to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 c.
- Place the chilli jam, orange juice and oil into a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the tofu on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and spoon over the chilli jam mix. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 - 4 minutes or until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Place the noodles, kale and spring onions in a large salad bowl and gently toss together with the dressing. Divide between two bowls and top with the chilli tofu and peanuts and serve a wedge of lime.
Truffle Polenta Chips with Lucy's Vegan Mayonnaises
300g Instant Polenta
100g plant-based spread
3/4 tsp truffle oil
1 litre sunflower oil
- Fill a medium pan with 1 litre of water and bring to the boil.
- Slowly pour in 250g of polenta, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and cook for 3 mintues, until the polenta is smooth and thick. Stir in the spread, ensuring it is fully incorporated. Add 1 tbsp of salt and stir in the truffle oil. Transfer to a greaseproof lined baking tray. Allow to cool then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Flip the polenta out and cut into 10cm x 20cm chips. Roll the chips in the remaining polenta so that they are all dusted.
- Heat the oil until hot and then deep fry the chips in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden. Drain on kitchen roll. Serve with the mayo!
Lucy’s Ginger and Sesame Dressing
1 packet of Black Rice
3tbs groundnut oil
3cm piece ginger, peeled and julienned
2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
2 red chillies, seeded and finely sliced
55g peanut, skin on
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
500 g Brussel sprouts, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- Cook the rice to packet instructions and keep warm.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and chilli and fry for 2 minutes. Add the peanuts and fry for a further 3 minutes until everything is golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a small plate with a slotted spoon keeping the oil in the pan. Mix the sesame seeds and a pinch of salt into the peanut mix.
- Return pan to a high heat, add the sprouts and a pinch of salt. Fry for 6 - 8 minutes stirring often or until the sprouts are dark golden brown and crisp. Removed from the heat and stir in 3 - 4 tbsp of dressing.
- Stir another 2 tbsp of dressing into the rice and then spoon onto a large shallow bowl and top with the sprouts. Squeeze mover the juice of the lime and sprinkle over the coriander. Top with the crisp chilli and peanuts.
Remember to follow us on Instagram for more delicious content and let us know if you try out any of these recipes! 🌿