Hosting Christmas is a lovely idea in August; however when it’s the 18th December, it’s suddenly feeling like not such a nice idea. Lucy's put together some of her top tips on how to get through Christmas as a host...
Here are some of our top tips:
Make a list of jobs to do and then put them in a socking, so that when people arrive, they have to lucky dip their job for the day, these can include:
- Clearing away the wrapping paper – watch out for chucking a present in the bin by mistake!
- Taking the bins out – perfect for the teenager!
- Pouring the drinks – yes please!
- Filling the dish washer – easy peasy
- Emptying the dish washer – boring but a clean job!
- Offering everyone water and filling water glasses – good to stay hydrated!
Some of my other top tips include:
Lay the table on Christmas eve ready for the big day
Best to get the turkey in early, it can always rest and it will stay warm for hours
If you’ve run out of room in your fridge use the BBQ as an extra larder for vegetables etc!
Make sure the gravy is super-hot, so if everything else has gone cold that will save the day.
And remember, it's just one day!
We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
Love, Lucy's Dressings x