Meet the fusion showstopper that's coming for avocado on toast's crown - the Shakshuka! A beautiful bake of eggs, tomatoes, and rich spices, we've added even more complexity by splashing in Lucy's deep & tangy Classic Balsamic Dressing.
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup chopped Onion
1 Red Pepper, seeded and diced
¼ teaspoon Sea Salt, more to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
3 medium Garlic Cloves, minced
½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 can Chopped Tomatoes
¼ cup fresh Parsley
⅓ cup crumbled Feta
1 Avocado, diced
Toasted bread, for serving
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a 12-inch lidded stainless steel or enamel-coated cast-iron skillet. Add the onion, red pepper, salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the garlic, paprika, cumin, and cayenne, if using. Stir and let cook for about 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and Classic Balsamic Dressing.. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
3. Make 3 wells in the sauce and crack in the eggs. Cover and cook until the eggs are set, 5 to 8 minutes. The timing will depend on how runny you like your egg yolks.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with the feta, parsley, and avocado.
5. Serve with toasted bread for scooping.