160g packet Blinis
100g Smoked Salmon
Lucy’s Lemon and Caper Zesty Dressing
- Place the blinis on a tray and place in a 200c oven for 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- Top blinis with smoked salmon, sour cream and chives and drizzle over the dressing.
1 Camembert in box
1 clove Garlic, sliced
Lucy’s Spiced Plum Chutney
- Preheat the oven to 2000 C / Gas 6.
- Remove any plastic packaging from the cheese and place back in its box, leaving the lid off.
- Pierce the top of the cheese in several places with a sharp knife and insert pieces of garlic and sprigs of rosemary into the slits.
- Drizzle the cheese with olive oil and place on a baking sheet, leaving the cheese in its box. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the centre of the cheese is melted.
- Place the cheese on a board and serve with sourdough , cornichons and the chutney.
Lucy's homemade sausage roll recipe is surprisingly quick and easy to whip up and will be loved by all your guests young and old. Our absolute favourite way to enjoy these sausage rolls is with our Great Taste award winning Beetroot and Horseradish relish - a real winner.
500g pork sausage meat
½ - 1tsp smoked paprika
4 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
375g ready rolled all butter puff pastry
1 egg yolk, beaten with a pinch of salt
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
Lucy’s Spiced Plum chutney
- Preheat the oven to 180c / gas 4.
- Place the sausage meat , smoked paprika and parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well together using your hands.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour and roll out the pastry . Cut the pastry lengthways using a sharp knife into 2 strips. Shape the sausage meat int 2 sausage shapes and place along the middle of each strip.
- Brush either side of the sausage with the egg yolk. Fold the pastry over and press down to seal with the edge of a fork.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with the remaining egg yolk and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds. Cut into 5cm lengths and place onto non-stick baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes, until risen, puffed and golden brown.
- Transfer to board and serve with chutney.
This mackerel pâté is delicious to whip up in advanced of a festive party and serve with some hearty rye bread and our blushing beetroot relish - Christmas on a plate!
3 hot smoked mackerel fillets
150g cream cheese
100g creme fraiche
Small handful of dill
Lucy’s Blushing Beetroot Relish
- Skin the mackerel fillets and check for bones. Flake three quarters into a food processor with the cream cheese, creme fraiche and whizz until almost smooth.
- Add a good grind of black pepper and lemon juice to taste. Fold though the dill and the remaining fish.
- Serve with Relish and Rye bread.
We'd love to know what your absolute go-to festive dish is during the Christmas party season - so do let us know, and remember to tag us in any of your festive recipe recreations during the season!
Love, Lucy's Dressings x