This quick and easy recipe is ideal for using up leftover roast chicken. It’s very flexible so if you’ve got some straggly greens and bendy broccoli in the fridge, chop them up and throw them in!
- Lucy’s Lime and Chilli Asian Dressing
- 100g shallots, peeled and very thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- 350g cold, cooked leftover chicken meat, sliced into strips
- 400g Chinese cabbage, core removed, leaves finely shredded
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 pack of fresh or pre-prepared (straight-to wok) noodles
- 1 large carrot, peeled & finely shredded
- 15g mint leaves or a mixture of coriander and mint, roughly chopped
- 40g toasted cashew nuts, coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Lime wedges
- Place a large wok over high heat and add a good drizzle of oil. Throw in your shallots and fry for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the cabbage, beansprouts, carrot, pepper (and any other veg) and cook, stirring regularly for approx. 10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Add chicken or turkey and the noodles and continue to cook for a few minutes, just to warm through.
- Pour over a generous amount of Lucy’s Lime and Chilli Asian dressing, season to taste and mix well to coat everything.
- Finally, stir through the chopped herbs and nuts, reserving a handful to garnish, along with the lime wedges.