This goat’s cheese tart is one of our regulars for dinner parties. It looks impressive but is so easy to put together and works well as a starter or vegetarian main course. Make sure to serve with a generous dollop of Lucy’s Blushing Beetroot Relish to take it to the next level!
Serves 6 (or 4 as a main course)
- Lucy’s Blushing Beetroot Relish
- 1 packet of puff pastry
- 2 tbsp caramelised onions
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- handful of rocket
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Roll out the puff pastry into a long rectangle and press the edges with a fork
3. Spread the caramelised onions over the pastry, leaving a 2 cm border, then crumble over the goat’s cheese and scatter over the cherry tomatoes.
5. Bake for approx. 12-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
6. Leave to cool slightly before topping with a handful of rocket, and a few grinds of black pepper.
7. Serve with Lucy’s Blushing Beetroot relish.